Re: [linux-audio-user] Which kernel for low latency?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Which kernel for low latency?
From: James Stone (stone1_AT_btinternet.com)
Date: Mon Jan 19 2004 - 20:24:34 EET

> > > ./configure --with-default-tmpdir=/mnt/ramfs --enable-capabilities
> > > --enable-realtime
> > >
> > Not sure but don't think you need --enable-realtime.
>
> I am, you need it.

I had never heard of that option until this email: if you do a
./configure --help in the jack source directory it isn't mentioned, also
it is not mentioned on the jack site. I have tried to compile with this
option and it doesn't seem to make any difference.. I can run jack with
the -R option either way. What effect is it supposed to have? Or is it
enabled by default?

James