Re: [linux-audio-user] kernel 2.6.1-mm# problems

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] kernel 2.6.1-mm# problems
From: martijn (martijn_AT_pacno.net)
Date: Tue Jan 20 2004 - 12:08:39 EET

Once upon a Tue, Jan 20 2004, James Stone hit keys in the following order:

> Yep I am running 2.6.1mm4 but with a SBLive. The only problems I had were
> related to running the kernel modules with the old version of alsa
> libraries.

I run the correct library version, that's not the problem.

> Doesn't the a7v333-x have an Nforce chipset or some such? I think there
> are problems with this chipset at the moment.

No, its has the VIA chipset. hmm i'll try and see if the onboard audio works
better. Back to the bios.

> I must say that though 2.6.1 is very nice, it does seem a little buggy
> for a stable release.

is that due to the kernel? for what use is it buggy? i must admit i've been
more busy with updates then actually be productive with audio tools, but it
seems very stable to me.

martijn