Re: [linux-audio-user] Graphical volume level meter

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Graphical volume level meter
From: tim hall (tech_AT_glastonburymusic.org.uk)
Date: Wed Jan 21 2004 - 08:32:23 EET

On Tuesday 20 January 2004 9:34 pm, John Bleichert wrote:
> Which sound card? Which drivers (ALSA or OSS)? I believe there are GUI
> mixer tools for most of the cards supported by ALSA (I use envy24control
> for my M-Audio card) and, if not, there's always alsamixer.

Kai asked for a meter, not mixer.

Slightly sideways - I've been enjoying some of the visualisation apps like
synaesthesia I wonder whether any of these could be more use than just
eye-candy (good eye candy tho'). There is a Gnome vu meter. Most of the
others I know about are XMMS plugins. A free standing or JACKable scope would
be useful - I find this sort of thing most useful with modular synths like
spiral synth modular. It's good to be able to see as well as hear.

cheers

tim hall