Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] Visecas 0.3.5

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] Visecas 0.3.5
From: Jan Weil (Jan.Weil_AT_web.de)
Date: Fri Jan 23 2004 - 11:10:18 EET

On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 04:17, Jack O'Quin wrote:
> I've got ruby 1.6.7-3 (Debian stable) installed. The README says...
>
> * Ruby 1.8.x (1.6 untested, may work)
>
> I guess it's tested now, and AFAICT it doesn't work...
>
> [joq_AT_sulphur] bin/ $ ./visecas
> ./../lib/visecas/engine.rb:22:in `require': No such file to load -- gtk2 (LoadError)
> from ./../lib/visecas/engine.rb:22
> from ./../lib/visecas/application.rb:20:in `require'
> from ./../lib/visecas/application.rb:20
> from ./visecas:30:in `require'
> from ./visecas:30
>
> Or, perhaps I'm missing something else. What is ruby-gnome2? I don't
> see any such package for Debian. I do have a libgnome-ruby package
> installed. Is that it?

The libgnome-ruby package contains the old bindings (pre gtk2.0).

You will need the newer bindings which are not yet officially part of
any Debian version (neither Woody nor Sid).
They live at http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp.

There is also an unofficial apt repository at http://ruby.yi.org/debian
for both Woody and Sid.
Installation instructions can be found at
http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi?Install+Guide+for+Debian.
Other Distributions are dealt with at
http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi?Install+Guide.

All these links can also be found at http://visecas.sourceforge.net

You'd do me a favour if you could test this combination of available
packages since I installed ruby-gnome2 from sources.

HTH

Jan