[linux-audio-user] linux and alsaplayer

Subject: [linux-audio-user] linux and alsaplayer
From: jaap (jacobus_AT_free.fr)
Date: Fri Jan 23 2004 - 23:23:40 EET

Hello list,

I'm running gentoo kernel 2.20-gentoo-r8.

I start jack (0.91.1) with jackd -vR -d alsa ,as root.
muse is working (if started as root)
so is ardour

But when I try Alsaplayer -o jack somefile.someformat,
it says "Failed to load output plugin "jack". Trying defaults."

When I shut down jack alsaplayer starts playing perfectly

Does it have something to do with the asoundrc-science?
I tried copiing the jack-plugin text for .asoundrc somewhere
from the alsa-site, the same result

I thought it should work without the .asoundrc,but maybe I'm wrong.

Anyone knows what I'm missing?

Thanks in advance,

Jaap van Geffen