Re: [linux-audio-user] [ot] Is DJ-ing commercial use of music tracks?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [ot] Is DJ-ing commercial use of music tracks?
From: Guy Daniel CLOTILDE (guy.clotilde_AT_wanadoo.fr)
Date: Sun Jan 25 2004 - 10:07:16 EET

Edward Barrow wrote / a écrit:
> > I think if you adopt these arguments, you also have to have an
> > answer to
> the question "how will professional musicians be paid?" -

Side-men, studio musicians (good!) paid by the sell of cds (cds sell well you know, contrary to what the US musical industry tell us), live gigs.
I just hope that live music get the rewards it deserves, more than "boxed music" (cd) .
I pay for live gigs and I try to do it the more often that I can.

Here is my very wild way of thinking:
One-shot programmer + 600$ per cd = one-shot biz-star + 25$ per cd

Please take note, every musician I know rely on day job for a living, even those who licensed their work to the unfair GEMA (I believe GEMA is the same as SACEM in France).
How many musicians do you personnaly know that have a decent pay from GEMA?

Anyway, all the wishes to GEMA and friends as long as I'm permitted to play the chords I love.
And although not a lot, I'm paid for doing it :)

regards
GuyCLO~