[linux-audio-user] Sending single wav file to multiple alsa sound devices simultaenously ?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Sending single wav file to multiple alsa sound devices simultaenously ?
From: Robert Rozman (rozman_AT_fri.uni-lj.si)
Date: Sun Jan 25 2004 - 17:01:34 EET

Hi,

I have set up two alsa devices with dmix plugin for each. I can now send
several independent audio streams to two destinations - different sound
cards (dmix_main and dmix_kids).

I wonder if I can set up additional pcm device that could receive single
audio stream and send it to two cards simultaenously ? Can this device be
used in parallel to both dmix devices ?

Thanks,

Robert.