[linux-audio-user] Re: which alsa/oss drivers built in for 2.6.1-mm4 kernel

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: which alsa/oss drivers built in for 2.6.1-mm4 kernel
From: Paul (set_AT_pobox.com)
Date: Tue Jan 27 2004 - 07:50:58 EET

Studio Zodiak <studiozodiak_AT_yahoo.ca>, on Mon Jan 26, 2004 [04:48:53 PM] said:
> hi,
>

> I am having some problems getting alsa
> to play anything with maestro3 driver built in
> to the kernel although oss emulation seems to be
> working fine.
> Should I be leaving some of the drivers as modules?
>
> Thank you
>
> Sly Cormier

        Hi;

        If OSS *emulation* works, then alsa would seem to be
working... If native alsa utils dont seem to work, it may be
that you dont have the alsa device nodes in /dev. Look in
the ...Documentation/sound/alsa/ dir of your kernel source--
it describes a script in ...scripts/ to make these device
nodes. (alternately, you could try running devfs)
        I dont have any module support in my 2.6.1 kernel,
but I am using a different card/driver.
        If that isnt the problem, then you should report
back with exactly what you tried that did not work, and
what were the error messages.

Luck;

Paul
set_AT_pobox.com