Re: [linux-audio-user] Multiple Simultaneous Inputs

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Multiple Simultaneous Inputs
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Tue Jan 27 2004 - 20:46:20 EET

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 04:48:28PM +0000, Simon White wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if it's possible to get a sound card(s) to work with
> linux to record multiple audio inputs at the same time and track them. I
> was looking at the Midiman 1010LT as I would want to process more than
> four inputs at once, but I can't find out if you can use all of it's
> inputs at the same time,

I don't have a 1010LT, but my 66 works perfectly with
all inputs and outputs simultaneously.
A bit of googling and the alsa project page suggest that recent versions of
alsa support the 1010LT.

http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/index.php3?vendor=vendor-MAudio#matrix

> or if there's any software that would even
> allow such mad creations to be born.

ardour, ecasound.

--

Paul Winkler http://www.slinkp.com Look! Up in the sky! It's OPERA SINGER BOWL! (random hero from isometric.spaceninja.com)