[linux-audio-user] re: audacity

Subject: [linux-audio-user] re: audacity
From: BrbrOfSvl_AT_aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 23:13:39 EET

->I think audacity uses the OSS emulation layer of ALSA, maybe there is a
new "feature" (bug?) in the newest ALSA that breaks emulation for the
HDSP?

What sort of message do you get on startup?
-- Fernando<-

That's just it - there is no startup. It just hangs there with no message or any activity at all - until you interrupt the process or kill it in another shell. I'm going to try downgrading to the "latest stable release" (which is earlier than the 1.1-3 version on planetccrma) when the audacity site is back up - where did the ccrma audacity come from?

Thanks,

Matt