[linux-audio-user] Features / requirements for new soundapps page

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Features / requirements for new soundapps page
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Sun Feb 01 2004 - 02:08:03 EET

So, what should a new soundapps page DO?
In the previous discussion on this list, way back in 2002,
many ideas were kicked around. I think it was originally
too ambitious. I'd like to focus for now on being a really
good resource for finding linux audio / music software.

So, here's a rough cut at a revised requirements list,
distilling the old threads:

Rough mock-up of a typical app listing page:
http://www.slinkp.com/linux/soundapp_site_roughs/app_entry.html

Notes, including links to the old discussions:
http://www.slinkp.com/linux/soundapp_site_roughs

I have just posted a rough draft of requirements on that page.
It (hopefully) includes everything important from
the 2002 discussions. I invite further discussion of these
requirements in this thread.

p.s. Somebody (Marek?) reminded me of the reasons
why anonymous users should be allowed to post new
listings & update existing ones. Thanks for that!
But I lost the mail so I'm not sure who it was.

--

Paul Winkler http://www.slinkp.com Look! Up in the sky! It's FLYING MC FROM PARIS! (random hero from isometric.spaceninja.com)