[linux-audio-user] [admin] Re: Stopping Reply-to munging

Subject: [linux-audio-user] [admin] Re: Stopping Reply-to munging
From: Joern Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang-hochschule.de)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 03:51:40 EET

Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> Rob hat gesagt: // Rob wrote:
>

>>Ron's contrite response to my original flame suggests to me that
>>he got bit by the infamous "reply-to: set to mailing list"
>>behavior so many have complained about.
>

> I must have missed this complains, but until now I also missed, that
> the Reply-to is indeed munged. As this is considered bad practice for
> a lot of reasons

as well as good practice for about the same number of reasons

> (search google for "reply-to munging harmful")

search google for "reply-to munging considered useful" :-D

> and as
> it isn't done on most other lists I'm on, I'd like to ask the admin
> (hi, J.) to turn the munging off, if no one else complains.

well, personally i like the reply-to, and imho that's exactly what
it's for. we've had this discussion a couple times iirc. but then,
if you want to vote again, be my guest.

--
"I never use EQ, never, never, never. I previously used to use mic
positioning but I've even given up on that too."

Jörn Nettingsmeier Kurfürstenstr 49, 45138 Essen, Germany http://spunk.dnsalias.org (my server) http://www.linuxaudiodev.org (Linux Audio Developers)