Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] lakai-0.1

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] lakai-0.1
From: Emiliano Grilli (emiliano.grilli_AT_poste.it)
Date: Fri Feb 06 2004 - 15:09:20 EET

giovedì, 05 febbraio 2004 alle 21:43:58, Frank Neumann ha scritto:
> I'm happy to announce the first release (0.1) of lakai, a small tool package
> that allows to exchange data (samples, programs) between a Linux PC and an
> Akai sampler (S2000 tested; other 2xxx/3xxx models might work or not) over
> SCSI. This permits "complete backup" and "complete restore" of the sampler
> RAM contents.

Excellent!
Unfortunately I do not have an Akai sampler, I have a Yamaha A4000... Do
you think your program can be useful to me?

I know it can read (or better: import) AKAI cds, but don't know if the
support is complete and especcially how this is related to SCSI
communication.

I should also have the sysex specification in the manual, if can be of
use...

Consider that I'm not a programmer, so I can't help on that side :(
but I can give you any information, if you want :)

> Frank

TIA

--
Emiliano Grilli