[linux-audio-user] Fedora with Alsa drivers and audio applications

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Fedora with Alsa drivers and audio applications
From: Gustavo Zamorano S. (gzsuniq_AT_cableonda.net)
Date: Sun Feb 08 2004 - 07:35:17 EET

I want to report that my linux box is working fine with Fedora Core 1.
I had problems with Fedora included audio drivers.
I installed Alsa drivers 1.0.2. Now more than one application can send
output to /dev/dsp at the same time. I enabled artsd as sound server.
It is working fine so far.
I have installed xmms with MP3 support. I downloaded ZINF today . Very
nice!. I had problems with Alsa libs when compiling Zinf source code.
So, I downloaded Zinf rpms files for RH 9 and now Zinf is working fine
on Fedora.
I also had to use mpg123 I previously compiled for RH9. It also
reported conflicts with alsa libs when trying to compile under Fedora.

I am also testing lame. It is working fine to create MP3 files, but it
is not working when trying to convert MP3 to WAV files. So, I am using
ogg decoders and encoders to do that.

gnome-cd and cdplayer are working fine also. Grip is also doing a good
work as well as cdrecord.
I have a TV card with BT848 chip. Video works fine but there is no audio.

--
This Message is sent from my Red Hat Fedora Core 1 Linux server

.-. Gustavo Zamorano S.

Registered Linux user number 320898 Machine Registration number 205692 (at http://counter.li.org/)