[linux-audio-user] Help with Midi Express XT setup, what am I doing wrong here?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Help with Midi Express XT setup, what am I doing wrong here?
From: Kent, Gary (gkent_AT_mhc.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 12 2004 - 23:08:53 EET

Hi:
        Haven't posted to this list before, but have been using Linux
audio for awhile. Any help for a linux midi newbie? I have a Motu Midi
Express XT interface which I can't seem to configure correctly. I have
been through all of the tutorials on the Planet CCRMA website for USB
midi setup, as well as tweaked /etc/hotplug, /etc/blacklist and the
/etc/modules.conf (snd_limit=4 for two devices: audio card and midi
interface) with no good results. Anyone know of a place where I can
find some tips on how to set this device up? I have a SoundBlaster Live
card and am going to make the move to RME pretty soon. The Motu Express
XT falls into the machine ok, but I can't make it sit in the machine
without it stealing my audio card. I.e. I can't make both devices work
at the same time. Any tips?

Thanks very much for any help given,

gk