[linux-audio-user] LADSPA SC2, SC3 Compressors and Sidechain

Subject: [linux-audio-user] LADSPA SC2, SC3 Compressors and Sidechain
From: Russell Hanaghan (hanaghan_AT_starband.net)
Date: Fri Feb 13 2004 - 08:56:25 EET

I could not get any noticeable function trying the sidechain inputs of
these (I forget if it was specifically SC2 or 3 or 4 but could see the
inputs in Jack-Rack)

I ran jack from Qjackctl, Ardour and jack-rack. Inserted SC3 into
jack-rack. All routing was done from Qjackctl "Connect" interface. Tried
every way to Sunday and could not get any effect except "makeup gain".
Then I tried just patching SC2 then SC3, etc as inserts direct into an
audio channel in Ardour for straight compression. Could not get them to
do any standard compressing either.

Any thoughts or illumination on these compressors would be great. I
particularly want to run a "de essing" of sorts on a single mike imput.
Is it possible with these plugs??

Thanks