Re: [linux-audio-user] getting Pd easily?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] getting Pd easily?
From: Frank Barknecht (fbar_AT_footils.org)
Date: Fri Feb 13 2004 - 19:54:02 EET

Hallo,
Juhana Sadeharju hat gesagt: // Juhana Sadeharju wrote:

> I find it a problem that instruments to Pd are distributed
> around the world. Starting from "www.pura-data.org" one has to
> spend a lot of time in getting all and in understanding what
> instruments are good/needed and what not.
>
> Could somebody reorganize "www.pure-data.org" so that all
> instruments are in a directory tree at that site? Then
> I could save time and download all, and put the whole
> directory to Pd search path.
>
> In any case, forcing one to download all files individually
> is a major turnout. This is a problem of many commercial sites
> as well (Reaktor) -- like people want buy a software and then
> spend month in downloading instruments one by one, three clicks
> per download.

Try pure-data.sf.net
There are packages for a lot of externals in one file.

This is actually more a topic for the pd-list, but: The Pd comunity is
huge, for such a kind of software. So it's really hard to get all
these people to agree on publishing their stuff in one single place.
As you mentioned, it's the same problem with Reactor or Max/MSP
patches/externals.

ciao