Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Need a new soundcard or more ;-)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Need a new soundcard or more ;-)
From: Martin Hauptmann (m.hauptmann_AT_web.de)
Date: Sat Feb 14 2004 - 00:21:26 EET

Am Fre, 2004-02-13 um 16.56 schrieb Michelle Konzack:
> Am 2004-02-12 19:07:26, schrieb lee_AT_fallingforward.net:
> >I have a PCI M-Audio 1010-LT and USB Emagic 2|6 in the same system. Both
> >work very well, although my cheap motherboard's USB bus craps out
> >sometimes with heavy system load.
> >
> >-lee
>
> This is not a Sound-Card this is a Dinosaurus !!!
>
> ;-)
>
> I have called DDD-Music in Freiburg/Gemany and it is 320 ¤ - ufff....
> I think, this System ist what I like ;-)
>
> OK, need an external "Terratec Phono PreAmp" (80 ¤) for my record-
> player but, I think, I must save my money three or four month more...
>
> I was calculating with a maximum of 150 ¤...
>
> Or does anyone have a cheaper resource ?

I bought my emagic 6|2m 2nd hand for 180 ¤ and I am very happy with it,
except it doesn't run with 2.4.x kernels and I couldn't try it with
2.6.x kernel, because my Asus M2400N Notebook needs a patch with the
actual vanilla kernel. Linus will (likely) apply that patch into the
next version. Till then I will have to use that incredibly user
unfriendly Logic Audio program (still didn't find out how to export
wave-files).

Bye

Martin