[linux-audio-user] Kernel 2.4 low-latency patches -- combining?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Kernel 2.4 low-latency patches -- combining?
From: Chris Metzler (cmetzler_AT_speakeasy.net)
Date: Sat Feb 14 2004 - 05:46:04 EET

Hi. I've read the stuff on the LAD website about the two low-latency
patch options for the 2.4 kernels -- Robert Love's preempt patch and
Andrew Morton's low-latency patch. Each are described as having
good and bad points in comparison. The way in which it's discussed
seems to suggest that one should choose one or the other; nowhere is
discussed whether it's a good or bad idea to apply both. But that
seems to be possible; the Debian package page for AM's low-latency
kernel patch indicates that it's compatible with the preempt patch.

So I guess I'm looking for advice about this. Are they indeed
compatible? Is there some reason why applying *both* would be a bad
thing?

Thanks for any info.

-c

--
Chris Metzler			cmetzler_AT_speakeasy.snip-me.net
		(remove "snip-me." to email)

"As a child I understood how to give; I have forgotten this grace since I have become civilized." - Chief Luther Standing Bear