[linux-audio-user] noise problem with ImproSculpt: solved !

Subject: [linux-audio-user] noise problem with ImproSculpt: solved !
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Mon Feb 16 2004 - 18:15:59 EET

Greetings:

  I finally resolved the mouse noise problem with ImproSculpt. Here's
what I did:

    1. Made the csound binary suid root.
    2. Erased the CsOptions for Linux in the ImproSculpt.csd file
(they're ignored when csound is suid root).
    3. Ran the app so:

        csound --sched -d -i devaudio -o devaudio -b 512 -B 4096 -m6
ImproSculpt.csd

  Screen redraws are slower, but the mouse noise is gone. I'm still
confused as to why all this trouble just "suddenly" occurred, but I'm
glad to have discovered a solution. I also learned a lot about PCI
latency timing, graphics card priority, hard/software buffering, and
lots of other stuff that chewed up a bunch of my time.

  Many thanks to all who responded to my dilemma, I appreciate all the
assistance and advice.

Best regards,

dp