[linux-audio-user] suggested Window Manager good for audio?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] suggested Window Manager good for audio?
From: Kent, Gary (gkent_AT_mhc.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 00:05:20 EET

Hi:
        Hope this isn't off topic for this list. Would someone be
willing to suggest a Window Manager that would work well with a Linux
audio box using the Planet CCRMA images? I have used the Gnome and KDE
environments and just have come to feel that they are too bloated for
what I'm trying to do.
        Does using a Window Manager instead of a full-blown desktop such
as Gnome mean that I can have more audio processing power since I am
giving up graphics overhead?
        I am trying out fvwm and it is pretty sparse, but was wondering
what others might suggest as best for audio?

Many thanks,

gk