Re: [linux-audio-user] Compiling alsa modules for 2.6.2

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Compiling alsa modules for 2.6.2
From: Clemens Ladisch (clemens_AT_ladisch.de)
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 10:58:12 EET

David Baron wrote:
> Contrary to popular belief, this kernel does not "come with" these
> built in!

Last time I looked, it still did come with ALSA. Which doesn't mean
that it wasn't some obsolete version, so you might still want to
compile ALSA separately.

> So following the instructions in:
> http://www.linuxorbit.com/
> modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=541&page=1
> (compiling on kernel-headers), I attempted to compile. cpp fails sanity check.
> I upgraded all the gcc stuff. Same.

Does this still happen if you simply run "./configure" in the
alsa-driver package? If yes, what does configure.log say about this?

Regards,
Clemens