[linux-audio-user] idle JAMin eats CPU - is it for me only?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] idle JAMin eats CPU - is it for me only?
From: Andrew Gaydenko (a_AT_etver.com)
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 12:36:37 EET

Hi,

Idle JAMin (from current CVS) eats CPU: about 35%, if jack is started at 32/96,
and about 20%, if jack is started at 32/44.1. Such CPU consumption takes place
when there are no any jack client connected wih JAMin at all.

Is it normal?
Or - must I find something wrong in my configuration?

I have P4 2.4GHz, 512MB DDRAM 333MHz.

Andrew