Re: [linux-audio-user] Emagic Logic Audio on Linux

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Emagic Logic Audio on Linux
From: Vincent Touquet (vincent.touquet_AT_pandora.be)
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 18:22:05 EET

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 03:25:06PM +0000, patrick.daulie_AT_pandora.be wrote:
>Hello,
>Does anyone know if it's possible to run Emagic Logic 6 on Linux ?
>Since MAC OSX uses Linux, it should bemade possible , no ?

Hm, Mac OS X runs a Darwin kernel, which is a kind of UNIX kernel,
but it's by no means a Linux (the kernel) system...

Mac OS X 10.4 is apparently going to be more Linux friendly,
so the rumours go.
But running OS X software on plain Linux, is not an option.
For one, the whole CoreAudio interface is lacking.

It is probably going to be easier to run Linux software
on OS X, but not the other way around.

>I would prefer to work with Logic,but I don't have the money to buy an apple ...

I guess you are out of luck then :/

What about a second hand apple ?