[linux-audio-user] yamaha rp-u200 and jack: bad sound

Subject: [linux-audio-user] yamaha rp-u200 and jack: bad sound
From: jaap (jacobus_AT_free.fr)
Date: Sat Feb 21 2004 - 02:19:02 EET

Thanks to Clemens,I have 4 channel output from my
rp-u200 usb-audio "card"

The problem now is bad sound,that is,lots of kind of pops
or whatever it's named.Also there is sync
problem,sometimes the sound is kind of slowing down.

I played back sound with different applications:alsaplayer,
ecasound,fluidsynth,terminatorX.Always the same result:
When I run jack the sound is bad,but when do the same thing without jack
running,direct by alsa there are no obvious problems(except having
only 2 channels),so it can't be a hardware problem.

Any ideas about the origins of this disastrous sound?

I have jack 0.94.0,alsa-driver 1.0.2c,kernel 2.4.20-gentoo-r8.

Thanks for help,

Jaap van Geffen