Re: [linux-audio-user] capture problems

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] capture problems
From: Mark Knecht (markknecht_AT_comcast.net)
Date: Sat Feb 21 2004 - 03:28:09 EET

On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 16:22, Joey Reid wrote:

> The whole time, I can still hear the audio source through my system.
> Should I be hearing this? I

You might if there is hardware routing of the audio in to the audio out
in the nForce chip itself. (I know nothing of that chip.)

Anyway, if alsamixer works for that chip then you might look for a
control that sends input audio directly to the output and turn that
down. You may also need to turn up a PCM volume somewhere to have the
input audio make it into the Jack audio path.

These are all total guesses, so take them with a grain of salt and find
someone who actually knows the answer! ;-)

Cheers,
Mark