Re: [linux-audio-user] good spectrum analyser

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] good spectrum analyser
From: Mark Knecht (markknecht_AT_comcast.net)
Date: Sun Feb 22 2004 - 03:56:59 EET

On Sat, 2004-02-21 at 17:19, Steve Harris wrote:

> Its the EQ + xover processing thats taking all the CPU.

Have you considered the possibility of a more standard EQ, maybe 5 bands
that are highly programmable? A linear phase implementation with freq,
gain, Q, HP/LP/BP/shelf as a starting point. Would that save much in CPU
cycles?

The 32 band EQ you all have done is very easy to use, and the little bit
I've done with it sounds good, but it's just my feeling that by the time
I get to the mastering steps I'm not going to do so much tweaking that I
need that amount of flexibility. It's more work to use fewer controls,
like on my Waves Masters Bundle, but it helps me not not get tempted to
play around too much.

Anyway, just my thought, JAMin has really come along and I wouldn't take
this as a negative comment about the program but rather just a comment
on how much of it I'm likely to use.

Thanks,
Mark