Re: [linux-audio-user] Gvox Midi guitar...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Gvox Midi guitar...
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Sun Feb 22 2004 - 04:42:32 EET

On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 06:27:17 -0800, Russell Hanaghan wrote:
> I bought not one...but 2 of these damn things from Ebay. It was a hex
> pickup and propietary box with RS232 midi interface to PC. They went
> bust a few years ago but these things are still around.The last
> Windblowz driver support ended in the Win 95 era. Some have reported
> getting them to work on Win 98.

I reverse engineered the protocol for a serial graphics tablet a few years
ago, its not hard, but its not much fun either, so I'm not volunteering ;)

You stick an RS232 debug box (or a linux box with 2 serial ports and a bit
of software I guess) between the win95 box and the serial device and prod
it.

- Steve