[linux-audio-user] Re: linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 5, Issue 79

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 5, Issue 79
From: David Baron (d_baron_AT_012.net.il)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 11:15:32 EET

On Monday 23 February 2004 01:09, linux-audio-user-request_AT_music.columbia.edu
wrote:
> > I had added my alsa devices (not of the "autodetected" types) to
> > modprobe.conf where it says to do so. I added them to the /lib/modules
> > version as well--this may be the reason. The question is where is it
> > correct to do so?
>
> Ususally, alsa module options go into /etc/modprobe.d/alsa
>
> From /etc/modprobe.conf:
>
> # This line loads the part of the modprobe configuration managed with
> # update-modules(8) and built from the contents of /etc/modprobe.d/.
> include /lib/modules/modprobe.conf

Oh, I put them there as well! Should I get them out of /etc/modprobe.conf?

The USB is very problematic. The uhci-hcd module needed to have snd-usb-audio
work does not shot down correctly. Indeed, an attempt to modprobe -r on that
will not terminate. Shutdown requires the big red switch (which apprently,
2.6 sits on and does a little cleanup once this is momentarily pressed). I
have to exclude this module till I know what to do about it!