Re: [linux-audio-user] A Little Specimen Testing

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] A Little Specimen Testing
From: davidrclark_AT_earthlink.net
Date: Wed Feb 25 2004 - 01:04:18 EET

Mark,

Thanks for the offer, but I actually have dozens of pianos. The purpose
of this test was to stress Specimen for Pete and provide some feedback.
I used a MIDI file that produces a torrent of note events to see if Specimen
could assemble rather large samples quickly and put them out to Jack.
It worked great. (BTW, I should have said that the toylike Magix test
used 16-bit, 48 Ksamples/sec, two-second-long samples, yet still failed
very miserably --- as expected.)

I'll actually use other MIDI files to test my large soundfonts --- more
appropriate to the type of instrument I'm simulating. After passing this
"speed test," I shouldn't see problems with the usual suspects, er files.