Re: [linux-audio-user] Laptop tuning

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Laptop tuning
From: Arnold Krille (arnold_AT_arnoldarts.de)
Date: Thu Feb 26 2004 - 00:30:38 EET

On Wednesday 25 February 2004 23:18, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Arnold Krille hat gesagt: // Arnold Krille wrote:
> > So I need another soundoutput for doing domething real? Sh'***
> You do! :(
> > Whats the cheapest sound for laptops with a reasonable good sound? Is
> > some kind of simple usb2sound kit enough? Which could you recommend?
> If possible, take your laptop to your dealer and test. You can set up
> ALSA's module conf in advance, so you won't need to configure anything
> in the shop. I'm recommending this, because I my tests I've found,
> that the pairing of USB sound device, laptop hardware and low
> latency/Jack is very sensitive. As you already have a midi device, you
> can use a USB soundcard without Midi (most don't have midi anyways).
> Some inexpensive devices I'd recommend to check out include the
> similar looking Terratec Aureon USB, Audiotrak USB EX, 7.1 EX or 44.
> The cheapest solution would be the Audiotrak Optoplay, which is well
> supported, but a bit minimalistic (no recording).

hmm, normally I order at thomann.de and then wait some days and then phone
them and then wait some days and then (usually saturdays) the postman comes
with some (a lot?) pakets for me...

Anyway I first have to check the financial part of it...
And it isn't that important, I still have my big machine where I can go 3ms
without problems...

But thanks to all who contributed, espacially for the list of devices,

Arnold

--
Get my public-key from pgp.mit.edu or pgp.uni-mainz.de
---