Re: [linux-audio-user] Question, not quite linux related

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Question, not quite linux related
From: Clemens Ladisch (clemens_AT_ladisch.de)
Date: Fri Feb 27 2004 - 11:59:01 EET

Tracey Anne Hytry wrote:
> (Roland MC-909)
> I guess my only problem is how well will this thing work with
> linux as far as it's fastest way to load samples(via usb).

Roland's website says:
| And if you have a USB-equipped PC, you can read SmartMedia data
| right from the MC-909's USB port.

And the "Getting Started Guide" describes in detail how to connect to
a PC to exchange files, but this description dosn't include installing
drivers.

I deduce from this that the MC-909 behaves just like a standard USB
card reader, which means that it will work with Linux.

HTH
Clemens