[linux-audio-user] running jack as non-root?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] running jack as non-root?
From: Hasse Hagen Johansen (hhj_AT_musikcheck.dk)
Date: Fri Feb 27 2004 - 19:48:29 EET

Hi

Now googled around without results. The question is

what is the recommended way to run jack and jack aware applications as
a non root user. I saw something about capabilites at ccrma, but I
cannot se how it is done (I know it is in the 2.4 kernels).

I am running Gentoo with reiserfs, so I hope
it doesn't depend on using ext2/3 extended attributes...any
recommendations?

Best Regards

Hasse