Re: [linux-audio-user] ALSA not working, new Debian installation [reSOLVED]

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] ALSA not working, new Debian installation [reSOLVED]
From: Frank Barknecht (fbar_AT_footils.org)
Date: Sat Feb 28 2004 - 12:37:22 EET

Hallo,
Tim Beauregard hat gesagt: // Tim Beauregard wrote:

> Tim Beauregard wrote:
> | I have the required cable from the CD audio output plugged into the
> | correct site on the motherboard. I am a member of audio and disk
> | groups. Could anyone see what the problem might be or is more
> | information needed? Maybe I'm missing a library.
>
> OK got it going by meself. More alsamixer adjustments. Thanks all for
> help.

You also could have used some cdreader software like the XMMS cdread
plugin, that "rips" the audio CD on the fly and plays it as if it was
a data CD. Several higher-end soundcards don't have a connection for
the CD cable anyways, because this can induce electrical noise. The
cable may act like an antenna inside the PC and might receive and
amplify noise from other components.

ciao