Re: [linux-audio-user] drum loops, samples,

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] drum loops, samples,
From: Jan Weil (Jan.Weil_AT_web.de)
Date: Tue Mar 02 2004 - 15:04:17 EET

On Tue, 2004-03-02 at 13:29, Vincent Touquet wrote:
> >were after. Maybe we need a user-contributed bank of presets for all
> >the LADSPA plugins - it's much easier to get started from a good
> >basic effect.
>
> Good idea :)
> Is this the aim of ladcca ?

No, ladcca mainly takes care of reconnecting jack and alsa midi ports of
all applications used in a session.
liblrdf is the most promising approach to ladspa presets.
Steve Harris released a new version recently which AFAIK improves
support for ladspa presets.
You can get it at http://plugin.org.uk/lrdf/
Unfortunately the documentation is a little sparse what exactly liblrdf
is capable of - just my POV - wink at Steve :).

I don't think that there is currently a ladspa host which makes use of
liblrdf to store presets. AFAICT Ardour still uses its own xml format.
Or am I wrong? I'm currently not subscribed to ardour-dev.

> I remember that there was already some discussion on this topic ?

Yes, there was a thread when Tom Szilagyi announced the first version of
its plugins on LAD.
And I'd like to keep this discussion alive, too.

Jan