Re: [linux-audio-user] JACK with two SBLives!

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] JACK with two SBLives!
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Mar 03 2004 - 12:10:43 EET

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 10:52:44AM +0100, Petr Sumbera wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to use JACKD with two SBLives! soundcards in Surround40
> mode (8 output channels and 4 input channels). I have seen on internet
> examples of "alsa.conf" how to use SBLive! in Surround40 mode and
> also how to use two normal sound cards for jack.

Someone really should write a FAQ about this :)

It /might/ be possible (by linking the SPDIF ports and setting some flags
or something) but its really not worth it, and would probably be
unrelaible. If you only have 1 live card dont buy the other, spend the
money on a real 8 output card, which you can buy for less than the price
of two lives.

It could also be done using a software solution, though no-ones written
the software, but one card would have a lot higher latency. Again, not
worth it.

- Steve