Re: [linux-audio-user] running jack as non-root?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] running jack as non-root?
From: Kai Vehmanen (kai.vehmanen_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Sun Mar 07 2004 - 21:01:13 EET

On 6 Mar 2004, Jack O'Quin wrote:

> The realtime LSM for 2.6 kernels can do this if you want. It also
> offers some more secure options, such as granting realtime privileges
> to all members of some group ID (like `audio').
[...]
> http://www.joq.us/realtime

Btw, I just tried this for the first time, and I must say it is pretty
excellent - small, does the job and is easy to install (assuming you are
using a 2.6 kernel)!

Even better would be if we managed to get this into the kernel tree.
There seems to be a few simple LSM modules already included, so I guess
it's not impossible.

PS One feature request: some way to turn the realtime mode off. As
   2.6 doesn't allow to remove modules, there's currently no way
   to disable and/or change realtime mode settings.

--
 http://www.eca.cx
 Audio software for Linux!