Re: [linux-audio-user] Good Sound Card for Pro Multitracking

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Good Sound Card for Pro Multitracking
From: Mark Knecht (mknecht_AT_controlnet.com)
Date: Tue Mar 09 2004 - 01:00:13 EET

Jan Depner wrote:
> Since you want balanced I/O the 1010 or the DSP3000 would be best. I
> think the Hammerfall stuff is a bit pricey when you consider that you
> have to buy the ADC/DAC separate.
>
> Jan

It's real pricy, and at 96KHz you have to get converters that support
the 2-channel makes 96KHz ADAT stuff that RME does. Not all converters
do this, so you may get limited to RME converters, which are great
quality but very pricy also.

However, he did say 'Pro', not 'Semi-Pro', so I guess budget is no
issue, right? ;-)

- Mark