[linux-audio-user] RME Hammerfall Install and Linux 2.6.3

Subject: [linux-audio-user] RME Hammerfall Install and Linux 2.6.3
From: thewade (pdman_AT_aproximation.org)
Date: Wed Mar 10 2004 - 00:47:44 EET

Hello,

Ill be brief as your time is surely valuable. Thank you for your time.

Im trying to set up my new RME hammerfall DSP multiface on my dell inspiron 8000 running linux-2.6.3 with alsa software(drivers) 1.3(a);

Question one: I have (make install)-ed alsa 1.3a drivers, do I have to rebuild my kernel, as alsa is now built into the kernel in 2.6?

Question two: I get this error with pd and the multiface

using non-interleaved audio input
Sample width set to 4 bytes
snd_pcm_hw_params_set_access (output): Invalid argument
using non-interleaved audio
pd: pcm.c:1133: snd_pcm_readi: Assertion `pcm->access == SND_PCM_ACCESS_RW_INTERLEAVED\\\'
failed.
Pd: signal 6

and xmms sees the card (proabably from my .asoundrc file) but wont play through it. Ive run
hdsploader and the little red host error light is gone, so whats up?

Thanks again,
-thewade