[linux-audio-user] my mpg123 is too loud

Subject: [linux-audio-user] my mpg123 is too loud
From: BUYO-BUYO-IGOR (micro_thangs_AT_yahoo.co.jp)
Date: Wed Mar 10 2004 - 06:05:20 EET

hi

at last, the oss things are workin on my AMiTY CN
with has Slackware installed
and has ES1878 for sound things

planning to do SAOL things on this machine
but til things start workin
would like to enjoy listening to mp3s

the mpg123 works fine
but on my machine
it is too loud

read trough the man
but my poor english readings couldn't find things
to meet my demand

is there any option flag to make mpg123 play more carmly
or
i should tune something more master-volume oriented
..maybe something @ /etc directory ?

thanks in advance