Re: [linux-audio-user] jack trouble

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] jack trouble
From: Daniel James (daniel_AT_mondodesigno.com)
Date: Wed Mar 10 2004 - 13:01:48 EET

> So I'm trying to launch jack and, as root, I type #jackd -d alsa -r
> 44100

I suggest you install qjackctl from Thac's RPM's and run it as a
normal user. It's a lot easier to tweak the JACK options that way.

> Couldn't open hw:0
> for 24bit samples trying 16bit instead

Try the 'force 16 bit' and 'realtime' options and set Audio: to
playback in qjackctl (click the Setup button) and most of your errors
should go away. If you still get xruns you can increase the
Frames/Period and Periods/Buffer setting.

Cheers

Daniel