[linux-audio-user] ZynAddSubFX uses XML format - please test it

Subject: [linux-audio-user] ZynAddSubFX uses XML format - please test it
From: davidrclark_AT_earthlink.net
Date: Wed Mar 10 2004 - 21:29:35 EET

Paul,

I agree with Tim Hall's post: Thank you so much for writing such a great
software synthesizer.

Because you posted on LAU, I hope you don't mind my posting here.
Perhaps (esp. with Jack), it may help someone out there...

In reading writing XML, I found that it did not behave properly with
respect to extensions: In asking to save new.xml, it saved newxml.
Also, it could not find newxml because it looked for new.xml for
Load. It also seems to load an unknown file when it cannot find
anything. That is, instead of displaying "File not found" it seems
to load something else.

To get Jack to work, I went to src/Output and uncommented the
jack_connect lines. I then substituted alsa_pcm:playback_1 and
alsa_pcm:playback_2 for alsa_pcm:out_1 and alsa_pcm:out_2. Then it
worked for Jack. I did not look at jack_RT.

Thanks again, Paul. Very, very nice work.

Best regards,
Dave.