Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: RME Hammerfall Install and Linux 2.6.3

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: RME Hammerfall Install and Linux 2.6.3
From: Mark Knecht (mknecht_AT_controlnet.com)
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 00:51:53 EET

Vincent Touquet wrote:
>>From http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=7024 ->
> The HDSP operates in non-interleaved mode, which many applications can't use.
>
> I remember reading about it on the rme site too (rme-audio.com), but
> I cannot find the relevant pages.
>
> So basicly some applications have to be adapted to work together with
> the rme hardware ... (that probably includes xmms and pd ?).

When I was using the HDSP9652 I didn't have any problems with specific
applications not working with the card, although I did at times have to
use the plug interface if an app (like xine) couldn't do a frequency
conversion itself.

The only limitation I ran into was that I had to use a frames/buffer
value of 2. The RME cards wouldn't accept anything except that. I could
run the buffer size anywhere from 64-4K to change the latency based on
what I needed.

- Mark