Re: [linux-audio-user] jack trouble

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] jack trouble
From: C. Villard (chvillard_AT_wanadoo.fr)
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 11:13:42 EET

jm wrote:

> Try
>
> jackd -S -d alsa -r 44100 &
>
> the -S says don't try 32 and 24 bit, only 16 bit. appearantly your
> card only supports 16 bit, the '&' sends it to the background.

Thank for the many ansawers I've received. Anyway, that still doesn't work.
I've typed jackd -S -d alsa -r 44100 & but the prompt don't come back
there's always a problem (xrun ...don't know what it's meaning) and when
I try the jack metronome , jack_metro --bpm 120 &, the answer is :

[moebius_AT_localhost moebius]$ jack_metro --bpm 120 &
[1] 2307
cannot connect to jack server
[moebius_AT_localhost moebius]$ cannot connect to default JACK server
jack server not running?

[1]+ Exit 1 jack_metro --bpm 120
[moebius_AT_localhost moebius]$ jack_connect metro:120_bpm alsa_pcm:playback_1
cannot connect to jack server
cannot connect to default JACK server
jack server not running?

Well, if someone has another(s) idea(s) ....

cordialement,