Re: [linux-audio-user] Kernel 2.6.x latency

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Kernel 2.6.x latency
From: Jack O'Quin (joq_AT_io.com)
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 22:32:15 EET

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki <eric_AT_zhevny.com> writes:

> insmod /usr/src/realtime-0.0.3/realtime.ko allcaps=1 gid=29

There's nothing wrong with this.

> I build it, but don't run the make install since doing so wipes out
> all other modules. That's why I use insmod instead of a modprobe. (I'm
> open to suggestions on better ways if they exist.)

What happens when you run `make install'?

If you have KERNEL_DIR set correctly, it *should* reinstall all the
modules configured for your kernel sources. To save time, I usually
do the kernel `make modules' but no `make modules_install'. Then, the
realtime `make install' will install everything once.

If we can figure out what's going wrong, I should at least make the
INSTALL instructions clearer.

--
  joq