Re: [linux-audio-user] Start up script for DAW ...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Start up script for DAW ...
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Sat Mar 13 2004 - 20:14:29 EET

On Sat, Mar 13, 2004 at 09:33:42AM -0800, Russell Hanaghan wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-03-13 at 09:19, Jack O'Quin wrote:
> > You probably need to delay starting the clients until jackd is up and
> > running.

> > sleep 2 # wait for JACK to start
> Will try this. Still having some probs with the firing sequence of
> Qjackctl, AMS and Galan.

Shell script syntax is exactly the same as command line syntax.
So, if in doubt about what something in a shell script does... type it!

I highly recommend taking a few hours to really explore shell scripting.
In the long run your life with unix will be greatly improved by it,
even if you don't write (or read) them very often, because
you'll learn things about the shell that are good to know at
the command line. And there are shell scripts all over the place!
For example, everything in /etc/init.d is a shell script.

Here's a nice little tutorial:
http://steve-parker.org/sh/sh.shtml

--

Paul Winkler http://www.slinkp.com Look! Up in the sky! It's THE HOPPING NEWBIE! (random hero from isometric.spaceninja.com)