Re: [linux-audio-user] ALSA + JACK problems

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] ALSA + JACK problems
From: Florian Schmidt (mista.tapas_AT_gmx.net)
Date: Mon Mar 15 2004 - 23:43:30 EET

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 17:42:00 +0100
Arnold Krille <arnold_AT_arnoldarts.de> wrote:

> > My asound.conf looks like:
> > pcm.envy1
> > {
> > type hw
> > card 1
> > }

> You need a control-device.
>
> add:
> ctl.envy1
> {
> type hw
> card 1
> }
> to your .asoundrc and try again...

I ask myself why jack needs to use a ctl device? As far as i know it
should only really need to open those pcm devices needed for
playback/capture.. I suppose it's for the hw monitoring thing on some
soundcards.. But it shouldn't be required..

Florian Schmidt

--
to sign or not to sign, that is the question