[linux-audio-user] patches for Quattro etc. problems

Subject: [linux-audio-user] patches for Quattro etc. problems
From: Frank Barknecht (fbar_AT_footils.org)
Date: Wed Mar 17 2004 - 09:57:54 EET

Hi,

here's an update to the notorious problem with some M-Audio USB
devices on kernel 2.6. I won't be able to test this in the next time,
but maybe some other owners of Quattro, Duo or Audiophile USBwant to
give it a try. If yes, please report to Alan Stern or linux-usb-devel.

ciao,

--
Frank

----- Forwarded message from Alan Stern <stern_AT_rowland.harvard.edu> -----

Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 10:12:45 -0500 (EST) From: Alan Stern <stern_AT_rowland.harvard.edu> Cc: USB development list <linux-usb-devel_AT_lists.sourceforge.net> Subject: Re: invalid alternate setting

Here's an announcement for people interested in using USB devices with invalid configuration descriptors. I've completed a series of patches that will make the system accept such devices, to the extent that it can. You will have to apply all three patches in sequence; each is a prerequisite for the next. They should go on top of a 2.6.4 system. The patches are:

as221: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-usb-devel&m=107937025411336&w=2 as222: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-usb-devel&m=107937021027794&w=2 as223: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-usb-devel&m=107937029404286&w=2

The first two patches just improve the error logging; you might like to see what happens when you plug in your devices. The third is the one that changes the kernel's behavior. Please let me know if the patches don't work as expected.

Not all the USB drivers will work properly with that third patch installed, so be warned. The USB audio class driver should be okay. I have no idea what will happen with the ALSA USB audio/MIDI driver; it hasn't been updated yet.

Alan Stern

----- End forwarded message -----

-- Frank Barknecht _ ______footils.org__