[linux-audio-user] connecting Aureon Space to receiver

Subject: [linux-audio-user] connecting Aureon Space to receiver
From: Andrew Gaydenko (a_AT_etver.com)
Date: Sat Mar 20 2004 - 22:56:31 EET

Hi,

I'm sure, my question may seem stupid, but I'm absolutely newbie with
optical in/out.

OK. I have Terratec Aureon 7.1 Space and (since today :-) a receiver
Yamaha RX-V540. Before experimenting with ALSA configuration, I'd
want to be sure which optical input I must to use. The receiver has three
optical inputs: "D-TV/CBL", "DVD" and "MD/CD-R". Which of them to use? Or,
may be, they are all equivalent?

Thanks in advance,
Andrew