Re: [linux-audio-user] m-audio / midiman / oxygen8 USB MIDI?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] m-audio / midiman / oxygen8 USB MIDI?
From: derek holzer (derek_AT_x-i.net)
Date: Mon Mar 22 2004 - 16:29:50 EET

Hello Patrice,

Patrice Tisserand wrote:

> here we have an Oxygen8 running on RedHat 9 + PlanetCCRMA.
> You need to extract the firmware from Windows driver (they are available
> on Drivers CDROM provided with the Oxygen8)
> Look at http://usb-midi-fw.sourceforge.net/ for the documentation (it's
> in tarball README).

Thanks. Found the README, where it suggests to install the device under
windoze first. grrr.... So I used the drivers from the CDROM, and got
the following:

root 15:27:44> make install
./extractfirmware
processing UKS11LDR.SYS ...
invalid PE header offset
make: *** [install] Error 1

This was with the Oxygen 8 drivers. Same happened with MidiSport2x2
drivers. Does windoze need to do something to them before they work
properly? Would it be possible for you to post a working UKS11LDR.SYS file?

thx,
D.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl